Rescale uses your average storage usage within a month to determine your storage charges for that month. Your average storage usage is calculated by finding the total size of your files that were available for you to use on Rescale during that month. This includes files that you uploaded as well as files that were generated on the platform, such as the files created by a job you ran on Rescale. If you uploaded a file in the middle of the month or deleted a file prior to month end, your average usage is prorated based on the time the file was available for your use in that month. Rescale's billing month boundaries are based on the UTC time zone.
If you upload a 60 GB file on the 5th of the month, and then delete it 10 days later, this file would contribute 20 GB towards your average storage usage (60 GB * 10 days available for use / 30 days in the month).
- 80 GB file uploaded on March 20th
- 30 GB file uploaded on April 10th at 14:10, deleted on April 11th at 13:15
- 25 GB file uploaded on April 25th at 18:10, deleted on May 28th at 18:10
Example 2: April
- 80 GB available for 30 days = 43200 minutes
- 30 GB available for 23 hours 5 minutes = 1385 minutes
- 25 GB available for 5 days 5 hours 50 minutes = 7550 minutes
Average storage for April = (80 * 43200 + 30 * 1385 + 25 * 7550) / 43200 = 85.33 GB
Example 2: May
- 80 GB available for 31 days = 44640 minutes
- 25 GB available for 28 days 18 hours 10 minutes = 41410 minutes
Average storage for May = (80 * 44640 + 25 * 39970) / 44640 = 103.19 GB